3 replies to this topic

#1 kbroadfoot

kbroadfoot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

A couple technical questions:

If I look at the block explorer for my address, all the coins in my wallet are actually not at this address.

If it were a bitcoin POW coin all the coins WOULD be sitting in that address....

Is this the nature of a POS coin? I am guessing all the continuous staking creates a bunch of hidden address in wallet.dat.

Am I right about this?

I always dumped a private key and printed it out on paper as a last resort round of safety for my Bitcoin in case of complete hard drive failure...  am I right to think this will not work for ENRG?

Second question:

If I create a cold wallet for ENRG the coins will not stake ( not being in an active wallet )

What happens when I activate the wallet down the road? Will I suddenly get big stake amounts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 energycr

energycr

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

no, your first address has all the coins.

#3 nightwind

nightwind

• Members
      • Pip
      • 6 posts
      • Locationeastern europe

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

if you're afraid, just send all coins into yr first address. hidden address may be created for change.
      e3z7B5wPZHnsK6rffE2Bje9nmsxGN4BSUf

#4 energycr

energycr

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

secondly, yes, you will get a big stake amount, once your wallet is running and you're chosen the miner by network. That will generate huge blocks for you. that will contain all the pos coins till date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users